Friday, December 27, 2019

Stick It Down- Christmas card

Hello, I hope you had a Merry Chrismas! I have a couple of cards to share today. It turns out, they were both to the same person, my oldest daughter!

First up is the Christmas card I made for her. I started with this month's sketch from Stick It Down:

 

I wanted to play a little with the Distres Resist Spray as I haven't used it much yet. I started with a heavy cardstock panel.and splatter some spray on it. once that was dry, I inked the panel with red, pink and green distress inks. I then splatter the panel again with Distress Resist Spray. Once that was dry, I inked the whole panel with Black Soot Distress Oxide ink. You can see on my background where all of the inks resisted my original splatter and where the black resisted the splatters over the colored inks. I finished off the panel with a few sprays of Perfect Pearls mist. Once all of that was dry, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment. I added glitter riboon and some fussy cut ornaments. I finished off the ornaments with some sequins for added sparkle.

My second card was for my daughter's 13th birthday earlier this month. I started by pressing inkpads onto a plastic surface. I misted them with water and then pressed my card into the ink. While that dried, I cut the background with my Cricut and the Edge to Edge cartridge. I stamped the banner and sentiment on a piece of vellum and heat embossed them with silver powder. To color the banner, I used a water brush and gelatos. The vellum is attached with a couple of brads.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my projects. I received some new stamps and a MISTI for Christmas, so stay tuned for some projects using those!

3 comments:

  1. Pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down. Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, I need to dust off my mists. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
    Mandi, card DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the background and sparkles! Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down this month.

    Monica- Card DT
    https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete