Sunday, August 1, 2021

New Cards to Share

Hello! I have some new cards to share today. First up is a card I made for my nephew who is turning 7. let me tell you, I was SO excited when I found that "7" embellishment in this collection that I am trying to use up! I then went to work finding a sketch to work with it. The current challenge at Sketch Saturday is to choose any of their past sketches. I chose this one from earlier this month:


I cut some circles from the patterned papers and attached them to the navy paper. Once everything was laid out, I decided I needed more interest on my background so I added some gold ink splatters. I used some embroidery floss to make the tassle for my tag. For the sentiment, I stamped it first in Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink and then a second time with Versamark. Then I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder for some interest. 



Next up is a card for my nephew who is turning 2. I used the Tic Tac Toe Challenge board from last week:


I used the right column: Orange, free, and alphabet stamps. For the background of my card, I pieced together some scraps from the same collection I used for the previous card. Then I made the balloon shaker with my Cricut. I cut the outline from navy paper and chipboard. I cut a filled in balloon from orange woodgrain paper. I traced the balloon onto some clear rigid plastic packaging and cut it out. I then used Archival ink to stamp the "2" onto the plastic. I used various sequins and beads to fill my shaker. I don't do shakers often, but it is always so fun to select items to put in them! Once that was all put together, I attached it to my card and glued down a piece of embroidery floss for the string.


Last card is for our goddaughter who turns 8 this week. This is another collection that I am trying to use up. I found a 4x6 card and trimmed it down to fit on my card front. I then took the pink polka dot scrap and laid that over it. I fussy cut the butterflies and folded up the wings a bit and attached them. I used pink and silver Nuvo Drops for the butterfly trails. I also put glossy accents over the sentiment to add dimension and interest. I then put the card on the shelf to dry. My card front was not totally flat and when I came back, some of the Glossy accents and flowed off the card onto my shelf! So learn from my mistake and make sure your paper is flat while it dries!

 Thanks for stopping by to check out my cards!

1 comment:

  1. Love your cards!! Each of them are perfect for the age of the kids!

    ReplyDelete