Saturday, July 31, 2021

August Calendar Page- Stick It Down

Hello! I have my August calendar page ready just in the nick of time! I started with this sketch from Stick It Down:



I pulled out Shimelle's "Never Grow Up" collection and found some fun papers to work with. Since a lot of my photos were outside, it worked to use the more outdoorsy papers. I matted the large photo on the left hand page with white cardstock to make it stand out from the busier background papers. I used my Cricut to cut the title from silver foil cardstock and chipboard. I layered them together for dimension. I dug into my stash for embellishments, using some pretty old stuff! For the border under the large photo, I went back to my Cricut and found the ladybug border. I cut the colored pieces to match the colors of the t-shirts in the photo. Side note on the photo- we celebrated my father-in-law's retirement last summer and we had t-shirts that were color coded by framily. We had the grandchildren line up from oldest to youngest. There are two more babies that have been born since this photo (one is represented by the onsie on the ground on the far right) and two more on the way!

 Thanks for stopping by to check out my layout!

6 comments:

  1. Terrific two pager! Thanks for joining us this month at SID!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout, as always! I love your colour choice, they really suit the photos! Thanks for scrapping along with us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the 2-page sketch @ Stick It Down! I think you did a fabulous job with it! Lovin' all the ladybugs too! Thanks for playing along with us this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is adorable! I love the row of ladybugs! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page! I like those cute ladybugs too! Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete