Saturday, July 17, 2021

Get Out!- Let's Get Sketchy

Hello all! I have a new double page layout to share! I started with this sketch from Let's Get Sketchy for the left hand page:

I started my layout by smooshing some blue inks on my left hand page for the background. I decided the right hand page needed some splatters too, so I took a paintbrush and added splatters in the same colors. Then I layered on my strips of patterned paper. I used my Cricut to cut the stars, first the star border and then the individual stars. To make them stand out a bit, I took a Sharpie and outlined them. Once I had the stars and photos attached, I went to work on the title. I ended up using some DIY Thickers that I've had for a long time (I don't think they still make them, which is sad becausse thay are awesome and so customizable!). I peeled the backing paper off the fronts and then took a sheet of white flocking and pressed that onto the adhesive. To make the letters yellow, I pulled out my chalks and rubbed the yellow on with a q-tip. I then found some blue rub ons for the rest of my title. I used a journaling stamp to create the lines for my journaling. I then dug through my stash and found various stickers, rubons, and epoxy/enamel pieces. I fussy cut a few leaves from some patterned paper to scatter around the page. 



 I am also entering this in The Studio's Multiple Photos challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Super cute page - love that background work. Thank you for playing along with us at The Studio Challenges.

    ReplyDelete