Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Sunday School Moments- Sketches In Thyme

Hey all! I have another new layout to share! This time I was inspired by this two page skech from Sketches In Thyme:



I took quite a few liberties with this sketch, but hopefully you can see the inspiration in my layout! I wanted to include a certificate and program on my page, so I used the certificate as an element on my left hand page and made a pocket for the program on the right. I didn't have a bunch of square photos, but 3x4 rectangles. I used those on the right hand page to make the blocked pattern. I found space on the certificate for the class photo and I matted that on gold polka dotted transparency to frame it, but make the certificate still readable. For embellishment, I used some stickers, rub ons, and Nuvo dots/ Liquid Pearls. The word "moments" in my title was from a sheet of patterned paper that I trimmed down. The rest of the title was stamped with coordinating ink (it is easier to see in real life). I'm happy with how this layout turned out. I struggle sometimes to include ephemera and this sketch worked well for what I needed!

 

3 comments:

  1. Very nice this layout and it was a great idea to use the certificate as a background to the photo. Thank you for taking part in the Sketches in Thyme challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you added the keepsakes to your layout! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme!!

    ReplyDelete