Saturday, November 7, 2020

Catching Up- Several Cards

I have some more cards to share today! A couple used sketches that were current when I made them, but I never got around to posting them.

First up is this birthday card for my daughter using this sketch from Sketch Saturday:


I used a bunch of scraps from other projects for this card. They were all using alcohol inks and alcohol lift ink. The cupcake was fussy cut from the square behind the white piece- using every last piece! I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of white cardstock  and cut a piece of ribbon to finish off the card.

Next is another birthday card, this time using last week's CAS(E) this Sketch:


I had a different idea for what I wanted this background to look like, but my crafting products had other ideas. I inked the entire background with Distress Ink. Then I was going to use a mask and the Distress Resist Spray. Unfortunately, the sprayer on my Resist Spray is not working well, so the spray came out in large drops instead of a fine mist. The effect was still pretty cool, so I went ahead and used it. I used Brushed Corduroy Distress Oxide Ink and went over the background. The spray resisted the new ink allowing you to see the original inking. I used my Cricut to cut the sentiment. The word "Happy" was cut three times and then stacked to give some dimension. I stamped the small sentiment on a scrap of the paper used for "birthday" and cut it into a banner to finish off the card. 

Next I have a pair of anniversary cards. I got a couple of new ink colors this week, so I wanted to try them out, so I used them and a few other colors with a turnabout stamp to make these cards. I made one 6x6 panel and then cut it in half to make two cards. I used some coordinating glitter paper to cover the rest of the card front. I found some ribbon scraps in matching colors to cover the seam; one was long enough to tie a bow, the other was not. To take the place of the bow, I stamped another flower and leaf. I stamped the sentiment and cut a banner and finished the cards off with some Nuvo drop and Liquid Pearl details.

Finally, I have a sympathy card. I had this alcohol ink background sitting waiting to be used for about a year. I then went with a design I have used many times for sympathy cards. I stamped the branch directly onto the card front and then stamped the flowers and butterfly on white cardstock. I fussy cut the flowers and butterfly and attached them to the card, the flowers with regular adhesive and the butterfly with foam adhesive. I finished of the card with a heat embossed sentiment.




 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards Jessica! I love the second card....the one that didn’t work the way you wanted, haha....it’s beautiful!

    ReplyDelete