Friday, November 6, 2020

Birthday Cards- Stick It Down

 Hello! I have some catching up to do with my blog, so I will be sharing a few things over the next few days. First up is a pair of cards that I made using the current card sketch from Stick It Down:



For the backgrounds of my cards, I gathered some coordinating scraps and cut them into strips. I then attached those strips to a cardstock base and trimmed the excess. I punched the strip detail and attached that with foam tape. For the sentiment, I stamped and heat embossed it onto white cardstock and then fussy cut it, attaching that with foam adhesive as well. I punched the stars and then heat embossed them repeatedly with clear embossing powder. The strings are silver Nuvo dots. I considered using string, but decided that was too tedious. The card on the left is for my nephew who is turning 4 and the one on the right is for my niece turning 5, hence the number of stars.


Thanks for stopping by to check out my projects!

4 comments:

  1. These are both BEAUTIFUL! I love the "smile" sentiment on both (we could all use some of that) ;-) Your color choices are spot on, and I love that you used coordinating scraps as well. Your recipients will love their little works of art from you. :-) Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down--Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet girl/boy birthday cards! love your use of paper and I am someone who loves to incorporate as much paper as I can. Thanks for playing along, Sherry DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely cards. I love the the use of scraps. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down blog.
    Mandi, card DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, your cards are absolutely gorgeous! I really love the slanted background and the colors. Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down this month! Maya DT

    ReplyDelete