Friday, June 14, 2024

Birthday Cards, Vol. 1

Hello all! It's been a while! My photography business has been busy, so I haven't had much time to craft and even less time to blog. I am here to share a couple of cards I made last week. I will be sharing more cards over the next few days. 

For these cards, I started with this color challenge from Color DareColor Dare

For my first card, I used this sketch from Sketch SaturdaySketch Saturday:



I rotated the sketch to make a vertical card. I started by stamping the background using the butterfly Turnabout stamp from Concord and 9th. I then trimmed the panel down so I could make two cards from it. I took the larger center piece for this card background. I used a scalloped circle punch and punched it from coordinating cardstock three times and stacked the circles. I stamped a solid butterfly in the center. I created a little flag for my sentiment and added it to my card. To finish off the card front, I wrapped some ribbon around it. I edged the card base with the same pink I used for my stamping.
For my second card, I used the edges I had trimmed off the larger panel and placed those down the sides of my card. I used some Core-dinations cardstock and ran it through my embossing machine and sanded the raised areas. I stamped and heat embossed the large butterflies and fussy cut them. I attached those and a stamped sentiment down the center of my card front. 

Thanks for stopping by to check out these cards, be sure to come back for more!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment