Thursday, June 27, 2024

Birthday Card- The Card Concept

Hello, I have another card to share today! I was inspired by the challenge at the Card Concept:

I love the colors in the inspiration photo, so I started with them. I used a set of layering masks to make the floral background panel. I then found some cardstock in a similar color and used a harlequin background stamp and the same grey ink I used for the blending. I liked the pattern on the pillows in the inspiration photo, this was the closest I had to that pattern. I then used my Cricut to cut the flower from the same color of cardstock. I inked the edges for some interest. I also used a shimmer pen on the grey circle to add a bit of sparkle. I layered a "Happy Birthday" banner over the top of the flower. Once I had all of that on my card front, I felt like it needed a bolder border, so I used a pen and ruler and drew the border around the blue cardstock panel.

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the colours inspired you, they certainly look terrific here on your pretty card. Thanks for joining our challenge at The Card Concept. Kerry, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Jessica. The colors are so lovely and everything came together beautifully. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept and please join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete