Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Cards From Layout Scraps

Hello, I have two cards I put together this last week using scraps from layouts. First up is a card where I used the negative space from the smaller rose from the "Carmen" layout in this post. The pieces stayed stuck to the mat after I cut it and so I used a piece of Press and Seal to lift it off the mat and keep the pieces mostly in place. I then transferred it to this piece of shimmer black cardstock. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on a strip of matching cardstock. I edged the strip with black ink to make it stand out a bit. I finished off the card with gem pearls and Liquid Pearl dots.
Next up is a card I made using scraps from my June calendar page. I trimmed an inch off of each strip, so I had 1" squares of all the different papers. I took those and laid them out on a piece of coordinating cardstock. I was one short, so I used a stamp to create the large square and focal point. I stamped the sentiment on the same cardstock. I matted the whole thing on a piece of patterned paper and added a couple of yellow Diamond dots to the sentiment strip to finish it off.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment