Sunday, September 12, 2021

Little Miss Back to School

Hello, I have a new layout to share! It's back to school time and I have some (old) back to school photos to share. This girl just started 7th grade this year!

I was inspired by this sketch from Sketches In Thyme:


I started by smooshing some yellow ink on my background where I was going to put my photos. Then I used a stencil and ink blending tool to make the orange circles (I'm really liking this stencil). I finished the ink work with some splatters of blue ink. I laid out my photos and went to work embellishing. I ended up pulling out the October Afternoon Modern Homemaker collection. I'm getting down to scraps of that, but this design lended itself well to that restriction. I cut the pencil, apple, star and title with my Cricut. For my journaling, I used a journaling stamp and black ink and stamped off the page. I felt like I needed a little something between the title and journaling so I used a piece of washi tape. I finished off the page with enamel dots, brads and some puffy stickers. 


 I am also entering this in the Lasting Memories plaid/gingham/check challenge since I used lots of those patterns on here. 

Thanks for stopping by to check out my layout!

9 comments:

  1. Terrific layout!!! Love, love, love the background! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background Jessica your checks /gingham certainly work well with the sketch. Thanks for joining in this week at Lasting Memories DT Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your mixed media and stencil work! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely bright and fun layout! Lovin' the background paper with the inking and stencil work! Great take on the sketch too! Thank you for playing along with us this month at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous mixed media details and adorable photos! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great back-to-school page! Love the background - that stencil IS cool. Fun use of the SIT sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your mixed media and sweet title and photos. Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour combo and fabukous mix of patterns. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete