Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Hello Forty

Hi all! I have a new card to share today! Yesterday was my husband's 40th birthday, so this is the card I made for him. He has gotten really in to kayaking (and shopping for kayaks in the last few months, so I went with that. For my background, I used the smooshing technique with some Distress Inks. Once that was dry, I stamped the stripes and gave them a spray of water to get the color to bleed a bit. I then took a paint brush and some metallic watercolors and added the splatters.

I used my Cricut to cut the sentiment and kayak. The kayak was then heat embossed with clear powder for some interest. I cut the kayak too close to where something else had been cut from the paper so the bottom edge was rough. To cover that up, I colored some molding paste with ink and spread that across the bottom of may card as water. I finished the design off with some navy enamel dots. 


 I was inspired by the current board from Tic Tac Toe Challenge:


I used the top row- enamel dots, watercolor technique and a large sentiment.


1 comment:

  1. What a perfect card for your kayaking husband Jessica and what a work of art you’ve created with the watercolour techniques you used. Thank you for coming to play with us at Tic Tac Toe! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete