Wednesday, March 31, 2021

April Calendar Page- Stick It Down

Hello, can you believe it's almost April!? I have my calendar page for April ready to share, just is time! I started with the sketch from Stick It Down:



I needed a few more spots for photos, so instead of the four photos on the right hand page, I made a photo collage. I moved the title to above my photos since I placed my photos a little lower. My title is chipboard letters that didn't match, so I covered them with matching patterned paper- it's a quick way to make what you have work! This is a great sketch to use with scraps since you don't need a lot of each paper. I typed my journaling and printed it and the cut it into strips. To embellish the page, I fussy cut a bunch of flowers from the floral pattered paper I used on the right hand page. I tried to connect them to flowers in the paper to make it look like the flowers were growing up over my photos. I attached some of the flowers with foam adhesive for a bit of dimension. To finish off the page, I used light green Nuvo drops and made some swirls and dots around my page. I had a little mishap and set my hand in some wet drops and then set it on the family photo under my title. We are currently out of printer ink, but I will replace it when we get the ink. 

Thanks for stopping by to check out my layout!

 

4 comments:

  1. This is super fun. Love all the playful patterns and colors. Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I love the colors you used! Fantastic journaling too! Thanks for playing at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful and "happy" colors, and papers. Your pictures look like so much fun, and it's awesome how you did your journaling. Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down--Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on the sketch! These colors are so bright and cheerful! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete