Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Happy Birthday- Stick It Down

Hi all! I have a card to share today! I started with this sketch from Stick It Down:



I got a couple of new embossing folders recently and decided to try this wood grain one first. It is a 3D folder, so the texture is amazing! I stamped and colored the owl using watercolor pencils. I ran a water brush over the coloring quickly to blend it without making the stamping bleed too much. I then cut out the owl with my oval cutter. I inked the edges with blue Distress Oxide ink. For the background, I splattered some green and grey spray inks. While they were drying, I stamped the sentiment on a strip of cardstock as well as the leaf. I colored the leaf with colored pencils. Then I assembled all the pieces on my card front!

 

3 comments:

  1. I love your woody background paper,your stamped owl is the perfect compliment to it. :) You did a lovely job with inking, and splatters. Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down--with your beautiful card! Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch challenge! Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down this month. Card DT, Maya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card. That embossed paper is perfect accent for the cluster. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
    Mandi, card DT

    ReplyDelete