Sunday, March 7, 2021

The Evolution of a Zoo Goer

Hi all! I'm back again with a new layout! This one started as an inspiration challenge from Paper Issues:


This album cover was so fun, I just had to do something with it! I started by finding four photos that I could run across the bottom of my layout. I then picked four colors of patterned paper for my strips, inspired by the colors in my photos. I then went to work with my Cricut and Design Space to make my title. I loved the block letters on the album cover, so I used that and then found a basic sans serif font for my connecting words and a written style font for the rest of my title. I got a tab punch recently and used that for my journaling spots on the layout. Then I went to work embellishing. I didn't find a ton of animal embellishments in my stash, so I turned to my Cricut again. I picked some animals to match my colors and cut them from coordinating cardstock. Some of the animals I attached with foam tape for dimension. I finished things off with a sprinkling of buttons, enamel dots and dots of black 3D paint. My Cricut definitely got a workout on this layout, so I am entering it in the "Anything Goes" challenge going on now at Bitten By the Bug 2.



 Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Wow this is a fantastic layout. I love how you drew from the inspiration, but came up with something totally different. The title is great and I am going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful use of Cricut for layout and photos.
    Melissa BBTB2 Design Team 2021
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY! I LOVE this layout! So bright and so much fun! Thanks for linking this to the Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge blog. This is so great! Dorlene DT BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is just adorable. I love the different pretty colors and those cute animals. You did such a great job, and of course, look at those cute photos. Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this! What a great and unique take on the inspiration album cover. Love all your different cricut fonts too! So glad you shared with us at BBTB2 for this challenge!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun and playful! Love the cover for your inspiration. Great idea!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2- DT Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica, thanks very much for joining our anything goes challenge over at Bitten by the Bug 2. This layout is fantastic! Love the inspiration and the execution. Brilliant!! Our latest challenge is up~ Easter or Bunnies. We would love to see you again!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete