Sunday, March 22, 2020

Birthday Cards

 Hello! I hope you are all staying in and staying safe! I made a couple of cards this weekend. I was inspired by the card sketch at Stick it Down for my first card:

I wanted to play with some masculine colors with the triangle turnabout stamp, so I started there and made a 6x6 piece that I cut into two pieces for two cards. I based my color choices on that striped patterned paper down the side. For the sentiment strip, I found some coordinating patterned paper and stamped the sentiment. I also stamped that cute little pig and colored him with colored pencils and then fussy cut him out. After attaching him to the card, I used off white liquid pearls on the ice cream cone and splatters for some added dimension. 

I took the other piece from the turnabout stamped piece and the same patterned papers and made a simple second card. This time I attached the pieces, used my sewing machine and stitched a frame around the whole thing and used gold liquid pearls to accent it.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my cards!

5 comments:

  1. WOW, both of your cards are wonderful! I love the little "happy piggy" with the ice-cream. So cute!! And your stitching is the perfect touch on the 2nd card. Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down--Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that little piggy. That is such a happy birthday card. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
    Mandi card DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stellar! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Stick It Down March Card Sketch challenge! We hope you visit us often!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, SID Card Team
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little piggy image! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down this month!

    Monica- Card DT
    http://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! Love the sweet little piggy in the first card. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete