Thursday, March 26, 2020

April Calendar Page

Hello, I have one more layout to share tonight. I completed my April calandar layout! I started with the double page sketch from Stick It Down:


I stuck pretty close to the sketch this month, just adjusting the shapes/sizes of the photos from what was suggested. I decided to make this page springy, even though we don't really see spring around here until May. I found some chipboard tulips and cut the red and yellow layered flowers using my Cricut (for the Bitten by the Bug 2 spring challenge). For some added texture, I penciled in some stems for my flowers and then stitched them with embroidery floss (for the texture challenge at Lasting Memories). I stamped the leaves and used silver Nuvo drops for the flower centers to finish off the flowers. The P and L in the title were actually orange, but the color was not working with my papers, so I peeled off the top layer and then traced the letters onto coordinating patterned paper. I glued the paper onto the chipboard pieces and sanded the edges to make it look like that's how they were made. I had more journaling than my card could hold, so I let it spill onto the page below. I finished off my page with some fussy cut butterflies with Stickles covered bodies and Nuvo Drop trails. (In case you are wondering, we using a charcoal mask product on our faces in the top left photo on the right hand page. ;))

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! I love your colorful title and the flowers! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Spring flowers and title! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute layout, love the colors and those flowers. I like the take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us over at Stick It Down!
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. How springy! I love this layout so much! Thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of the embellishments are so much fun! So colorful and springy! You did a stunning job with our double page layout at Stick It Down. Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful layout! I love those fun flowers. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete