Wednesday, September 20, 2023

October Calendar Page- Stick It Down

Hi all! I had time this week to get some scrapbooking done, so I did my October calendar page. I started with the double page sketch from Stick it Down:


I stuck really close to this sketch. I found the cute phrase strip in my stash and decided to use that as one of my edge strips. I cut another strip of the same thickness from pumpkin paper for my second page. I brought the two pages together with strips of plaid patterned paper on either end. I used a corner swirl stamp on the inside of the patterned paper strips. I matted my photos with orange cardstock to make them stand out a bit more on the white background. I found a journaling card that went with the rest of my paper and wrote my journaling on there. For the photo captions, I found some cardstock in the same color as the journaling card and cut that into strips. The title was cut using a Paper Issues cut file. I backed the pumpkins with patterned paper for some interest. I also decided to add some ink smooshing behind the  title for more interest. To embellish the page, I cut some leaves for a sheet of paper that I did some ink smooshing on. I also used some stickers, brads and chipboard pieces. I layered all of the pieces over the stamping. 


 I was also inspired by the Lasting Memories challenge to use layers. I did a little layering of my papers, but did lots of layering of my embellishments.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my layout!

2 comments:

  1. Great layering on the opposite corners, and I love the title treatment! Nice job on the layering challenge for Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica. Don't know if you saw the post over at Lasting Memories, but we enjoyed your layout and would love to have you guest design with us in December. Please contact me ASAP if you are interested! chereven26@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete