Friday, September 8, 2023

July 4th Fun

Hi all, I have another new layout to share! My kids are all in school now, so I hope to have more time to scrap during the week going forward. 

I was inspired by a couple of challenges for this one. First up is the CSI challenge:

I was also inspired by the challenge at Lasting Memories with was to do a weaving technique. I started by finding patterned papers that matched the colors from the inspiration image. I then wove those strips together. Initially, i was going to have the weaving behind all the photos, but wanted mroe of the wood background paper to show, so I just used it as a mat for the two solo photos. I cut the title using the Cricut- once from red glitter cardstock and twice from white cardstock. I layered those up for dimension. I then found a red journaling spot and added that. It had cherries on it, which wasn't quite what I was going for, so I added a sticker over the cherries. I finished by embellishing the page with enamel dots, washi tape, a stamped tab, and a flair button.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my layout!
 

3 comments:

  1. Great page Jessica. Your weaving is Bright and colourful, a sits so well as mats over your woodgrain paper. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Lasting Memories. D.T.Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous weaving design! Love the bright, fresh colour palette! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great papers to go with the July 4th theme, and I love the look of the weaving under the photos! Thanks for playing along with the September Lasting Memories challenges.

    ReplyDelete