Monday, February 22, 2021

Valentines- One Stamp, Four Ways

Hi all! It has been a bit. I am sharing the Valentines I made for my kids today. One of my kids bought this stamp for me for Christmas this past year and I was finally able to make use of it! I used this stamp from Simon Says Stamp. I started out by stamping the image on several card fronts. I heat embossed two, one on watercolor paper and one on glossy alcohol ink cardstock. I then went to work coloring them.

The first few I colored using a water brush and Gelatos. For this card I just used red for the heart and blue and silver for the outside to make the leaves stand out. (Forgive the brown smudges, this is my youngest's card and he touched it after having some chocolate. 😉)

The cool thing about this stamp is that the center heart pops out and can be stamped separately.  I did this for two cards like this that I gave to my daughters. I used Gelatos for the outside leaves on this card. For the heart, I pressed Distress Inks onto an acrylic block and used a water brush to color in the heat embossed outlines. 

This is the image that I heat embossed on Glossy Cardstock. I painted this one with Alcohol Inks. As you can see, there are places where the color leaked out of the heat embossed outlines. There were some significant spots around the center heart so I decided to cover those with black, but didn't want to do the whole card like that, so I left the spots on the outside. It adds to the artsy, handmade quality, right? 😜

I used Distress Inks and a water brush for this card as well. I think I like how this one turned out the best. 

 I stamped the same sentiment for all of the cards. Some of the strips I left white and a couple I blended with ink.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment