Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Valentine

Welcome back! Today I'm sharing the Valentine I made for my husband. I was inspired by the challenge at The Card Concept a few weeks ago:


I loved the pretty cupcakes and wanted to include a cupcake image on my card. I did a little searching in Cricut Design Studio and couldn't find quite what I was looking for, but I found this cute cupcake stamp in my stash. I did find this "love you more" phrase from Cut 2 You and decided to use that for my sentiment. I just got some foil cardstock and cut it from the silver paper. For the background I pulled out some really old whitewash Core dinations cardstock and embossed it. I sanded the embossed areas to make the design pop. I also ripped the bottom portion off (and then used it on the inside of my card for embellishment). I stamped the swirls on black cardstock and heat embossed them with silver embossing powder. I did the same for the cupcake. I finished off the card with light pink Nuvo Drops. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment