Sunday, April 12, 2020

Cards!

Hi all! I have several cards to share that I made this weekend. First up is a birthday cards based on the current challenge at Fusion:

I was inspired by the cute hats on the gnomes to make this fun birthday hat card. I used my Cricut to cut the hats and then used some Stickles to add some sparkle. I stamped and used glitter embossing powder on the sentiment. A patterned paper strip grounds the design.

Next up I decided to play with this star background stamp.  I was going to do a water color effect, but the paper I chose absorbed the water so it didn't work how I envisioned. I used a water brush and Gelatos to quickly paint this design. I ended up cutting it out to add some interest and adding it to a patterned card base. I embellished the design with a punched flower and silver Nuvo Drops. I finished off the design with a stamped and heat embossed sentiment.

I decided to do some ink blending on this card over the gold heat embossed design. I was really happy with how the colors turned out. I cut the sentiment with my Cricut and embellished the design with Liquid Pearls in two colors. 

Finally, I made this fun card for my niece who will be turning 4 this week. I did some more ink blending on this one to get the rainbow background. I used my Cricut to cut the unicorn and the hearts. The unicorn was cut for thick plain white cardstock. I spread some Glitz glitter gel over the die cut and let it dry. The hearts were cut from glitter cardstock and then I glued them to the card front. I had too many glue spots on my card, so I went over the extras with glitter glue and then added some more around the background. The sparkle on this card is so fun!

1 comment:

  1. Love how you were inspired by the gnome hats Jessica. Great interpretation and a beautiful birthday card. Thanks for joining us at Fusion Card Challenge this fortnight. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete