Friday, April 17, 2020

Birth Story

After all the cards I made last weekend, I worked on a layout too. This is a layout for my 7-year-old's baby book! 😱 I was inspired by this sketch from Sketches In Thyme:


I started by taking bits and pieces of patterned papers and laying them out with my photos in the corner of my base paper. Once I got those stuck down, I wrote my journaling out directly on the background paper. I used my Cricut to cut my title. Once I had all of that down, I realized there was a lot of space across the top of my layout and and needed to do something to balance that, so I added the cluster in the top right corner. I finished off the layout with some brads and enamel dots.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica! I can see your lovely layout in the linkup on SIT but I can't see it here...I love all the journaling you added :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up! Not sure what happened, but it should be there now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch Jessica! Thanks for playing along @ Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely, Jessica. Births are always a great emotion and you are radiant in this photo. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful layout, Jessica! Love the colors and design papers that you chose! Thanks for playing with us at SIT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Great color choices. Thanks for playing along with us on SIT!

    ReplyDelete