Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Teacher Thank Yous- Batch Making cards

Hello, I have some more cards to share today! This time it is a bunch I made at the same time for my son's preschool teachers and helpers. I wanted something pretty, but also easy to make a bunch of. I started by stamping my background stamps on 6x6 pieces of watercolor paper and heat embossing it with pearl embossing powder. I then pressed individual colors of Distress Oxide ink onto a plastic sheet, misted it with water and pressed the papers into the color. I let each color layer dry before adding another color to prevent the colors from mixing too much and becoming muddy. This process took the longest, but I just had it set up on my desk and did a color, walked away and did something else around my house, and then came back and did the next. Once I was satisfied with the color, I trimmed them down to fit on the front of the cards. I got two card fronts from each 6x6 piece by cutting it in half and then trimming off the ends to make it 5.25" long. (I saved the strips I cut off to make a card in the future.) I found some coordinating cardstock to add to the bottom of the card to cover the rest of the card front. I added white glitter trim to the seam.


For the sentiment, I used my Cricut and silver glitter cardstock. I added a few silver glitter 3D paint dots around the card fronts. Below you can see the two different background stamp patterns.

I have a few extra available for quick cards when I need them. I will share those when I use them!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment