Saturday, March 18, 2023

(Mostly) Monochromatic Cards

Hello! I have a few new cards to share today, all for different occaisions! First up is a birthday card. I started with this sketch from Sketch Saturday:

I was also inspired by the color palette from The Card Concept:


I started by taking a piece of bright green cardstock and used an embossing folder. I rubbed a darker green ink pad over the embossing folder so the debossed areas would be a different color. Once I ran that through my embossing machine I took it out of the folder to dry. I stamped the circle pieces and heat embossed the dark brown with clear powder. I dug through my stash for a dark green piece of papaer that went with the dark green on my card, I cut a strip and adhered it to my card. I set that on my white card base and the white was too stark, so I took the pale yellow ink pad and rubbed it over the edges of my card so they would match.


For this card, I used a turnabout stamp for the background. I first stamped it with white pigment ink, turned it 180 degrees and then stamped it again. I dried the ink with my heat gun and then stamped it in the other two directions with white pigment ink and then poured pearl embossing powder over the stamping and heated it. I stamped the candle in white and used the same pearl embossing powder on vellum. Then I stamped the sentiment with Versamark and embossed it it silver. To attach the vellum, I ran a line of adhesive on the top and bottom of the back of my card front and then folded the ends over. This way there is no visible adhesive.


Finally, for this sympathy card, I used an embossing folder on smooth purple cardstock. I took an ink blending tool and rubbed white pigment ink over the raised parts. I then took my finger and pressed it iinto a gold ink pad and rubbed that over the centers of the flowers. Once all of that ink was dry, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment. To soften the edges of this card front, I rubbed a Versamark pad over the edges and heat embossed them with the pearl embossing powder. I finished the card off with a bow of fiber twine across the bottom.
 
Thanks for checking out my cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment