Monday, February 13, 2023

Valentines- Post 2

Hello! I'm back with a couple more Valentines to share. I was inspired by the current card sketch at Stick It Down:
I started by making a panel using red, orange and pink alcohol inks. I also pounced some copper mixative onto the panel for some shine. While that was drying, I cut a bunch of hearts from red and pink patterned papers, using my Cricut. Once the alcohol ink was dry, I cut the hearts from that paper. I wanted to make the alcohol ink hearts stand out a bit, so I cut a bunch of black hearts to match my background. I layered three of those under each of my alcohol inked hearts. Once I had all of my hearts adhered down, I decided I needed a frame for my front panel, so I used a scoring board and did an outline. I cut the sentiment from rose gold metallic paper. To make sure the sentiment was well supported, I cut it from black cardstock, then cut out the areas where there were popped up hearts, and layered that behind my sentiment before attaching it to my card.



 Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I love how the black background makes your cards "pop"! Your little XOXO in copper is wonderful! So clever to "score" the background to make a frame. Thank you for joining Stick It Down--Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I love the background you used along with he sentiment style.
    Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
    Mandi, card DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black background! and the cute xoxo sentiment! Thanks for sharing at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete