Thursday, June 27, 2019

Summer Cleaning

Hello! I have a little different post today. As you know from my profile, I have 5 kids ranging in age from 12 down to 1. Over the last year, I have struggled to keep up with the cleaning around my house, even hiring someone to help me during this past school year. As we neared the end of the school year, I decided to try to get the older four kids (age 6-12) involved in the cleaning process. I created a schedule with 5 jobs each day, one for each of them and one for me:


I printed the chart and covered it with clear contact paper so we can write on it with dry erase markers.

We are three weeks in and it is going really well! (Full disclosure: my 6-year-old did not do his job today.) Each day they choose their job and all of the jobs need to be done before anyone watches TV. Not only have the jobs been getting done, by the time they are done, the kids decide to do something other than watch TV most days! It has relieved some of the stress of cleaning the house for me because I can focus on one job and do it really well knowing that the kids are doing a sufficient job in the other areas and I will eventually get a chance to do a deep clean when it is my turn to do the other jobs. 

I hope that this may be helpful for other moms out there looking for ways to get their kids involved helping around the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment