Friday, May 10, 2019

Play Learn & Grow

Hello! I put together a quick layout today. Being (gulp!) 7 years behind has made me realize I need to get photos to paper and create pages and spend less time worrying about making my pages "perfect." I started with this inspiration from CSI:

The sketch was perfect for these photos! The inspiration image made me think of October Afternoon papers and motifs, so I pulled a bunch of October Afternoon papers in blue, orange and yellow. Every piece of paper I used for this layout (besides the background cardstock) was a scrap! I tried to use the smooshing technique with Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide Ink on the dark blue paper, but it didn'r show up very well, so I pulled out some splatter stamps and created some splatters that way. I then added my papers, photos and title. I then dug through my embellishments and found some stickers, brads, and tape and added those in clusters around my page. At this point, I looked at my page and felt like it needed something around the edges so I pulled out my sewing machine and stitched the border. 


No comments:

Post a Comment