Thursday, March 28, 2024

Layouts From Sketches


Hello! I'm back with my last couple of layouts from the last few weeks. These both used sketches.

First up is this sketch from Sketches In Thyme:

I had a lot of fun with this sketch. I started with a sheet of white cardstock for the background and the sheet of yellow chevron paper. I cut the patterned paper and marked on my background where it would be. I then used the plastice packaging technique to add some yellow and grey inks to the background. I dried that most of the way and added some black splatters. Once that was all totally dry, I adhered the patterned paper and photos. I cut the title from the backside of the chevron paper and from black cardstock two more times. I layered the yellow on top of the black to give the shadow effect. To embellish the page, I used some washi tape, die cuts, and tiny enamel dots.

 Next is this sketch from Paper Issues:

I started by using my Cricut to make the big circular element with drawing and cutting. I added the photos and cut the title using my Cricut as well. I had these darker wood veneer pieces that went well with the paper I used for the background of my title, so I used those to embellish my page (the pieces on either side of my title were actually one piece that I cut in half and sanded the edges). I used a few other die cuts from my stash and some brown metallic Nuvo drops to finish off the layout.


No comments:

Post a Comment