Monday, November 27, 2023

Dan Patch Days

Hello, I have a new layout to share today! I started with this sketch from Sketches in Thyme:

I flipped the sketch since my daughter was facing the right in all of my small photos. I also used two photos instead of one for the large photo. I used papers from one of the kits from the Scraproom for September along with a very old sheet of patterned paper from my stash (copyright 2006 😱). I cut all of the patterned paper pieces and adhered them to my page. For my title, I used a font that had a rectangle around the letters. I wanted the letters to have a longer tab at the bottom, so I added and welded a small rectangle to the bottom of each letter. I attached the letters to my layout and added the small letter stickers to complete the title. The letters were blending in a bit with the background paper, so I outlined them with a matching pen. I then added some stitching with my sewing machine (which did not go smoothly). I didn't want to cover up the cute heart paper at the bottom any more, so I used vellum for my journaling. I stamped the lines and heat embossed them so they wouldn't smudge. I added some stamped splatters around the page and then added some watered down ink splatters as well over the top. To finish off the page, I used some stickers, puffy stickers and flair buttons. 

I am also entering this in the Lasting Memories Thankful for stamps and stickers challenge since I used a few of each on this layout.
 

1 comment:

  1. What a cute layout! Love your title treatment and all the stitching. Thanks for participating in the Lasting Memories November challenges.

    ReplyDelete