Sunday, May 9, 2021

First Haircut

Hello all! I've had some time this weekend to do some scrapping, so I will have a couple of layouts to share over the next couple of days. I am starting with the layout I made that was inspired by the sketch by Rochelle Spears:


I was also inspired by the Tic Tac Toe board from Scrap With Stacy:


I had four photos, so I adjusted the photo spots accordingly. I used paper from various October Afternoon collections. Since they are busier patterns, I edged all of my patterned paper pieces with green ink. I used my Cricut to cut the title and the scissors. For the title, I cut the word "Haircut" from cardstock and chipboard and then covered the letters with Glossy Accents for some added dimension and shine. I heat embossed the scissors with silver embossing powder and put a brad through the center hole to make it look a little more realistic. To make the little window that holds my son's hair, I cut a circle from cardstock. I then cut another circle of the same size from a piece of thicker clear plastic packaging. Finally, I cut a frame from cardstock and white "fun foam." I glued the plastic to the cardstock frame and then glued the foam frame to the plastic. Once that was dry, I placed the hair in the center of the frame. I closed up the frame with the blue cardstock cicle. To embellish the layout, I used stickers, washi tape, a flair button and a couple of arrow brads. 


 I had a lot of fun with this layout! Thanks for stopping by to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment