Friday, May 28, 2021

Celebrate card

Hello all! I'm here today with a couple of cards to share! I had some fun playing with Distress and Distress Oxide inks on both of these. For my first card, I used a combination of both kinds of inks. I would press the pad onto an acrylic plate, mist with water and then press a piece of watercolor paper into the ink. I let the ink dry between each color. Once I was happy with that, I took a striped mask and used a blending tool to add the stripes in the background. I then stamped and heat embossed the butterfly on purple cardstock. To give it some variation in color, I used a blending tool and a couple of purple Distress and Distress Oxide inks and blended over it. The heat embossing resisted the ink, allowing the original cardstock color to show through. I attached the butterfly with foam adhesive, stamped the sentiment and added some sequins.


 I was inspired by the current tic tac toe challenge at Use Your Stuff:


I used the middle row of embossing, butterfly and and stripes.

I also made an anniversary card. For this card, I stamped and heat embossed the heart leaf background. I then took a rainbow of Oxide inks and blended them over the stamping. Once again, the embossing resisted the ink, allowing the white paper to show through. I used my Cricut to cut the sentiment. I finished off the card with silver Nuvo drops.

2 comments:

  1. Two fabulous cards! Love them both. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - DT Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some amazing cards! your backgrounds are fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again soon.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete