Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Kindergarten Moments

Hello! Welcome back, I have another layout to share today! I started with this sketch from Paper Issues:


One thing I've done a lot this year is use single page sketches for two page layouts and I did it again here. It is a fun challenge to figure out how to extand a sketch design to a second page to make a cohesive layout. This sketch is great if you have a bunch of scraps to use up. I played around with bits and pieces that I hade and layered them until I was happy with the result. For the second page, I used a large piece of patterned paper to make a pocket to hold the two programs that I wanted to include with these photos. For my title, I used my Cricut for the word "kindergarten" and fussy cut the word "moments from a sheet of word patterned paper (I also cut a few other words from that paper for embellishments on my page. I used a 3x4 card for my journaling that I tucked under my pocket. I then used number stickers on my photos and then added captions for each photo on the journaling card. The top half of my layout was too plain just white, so I used a mask and Cracked Pistachio Distress Stain to add some interest. I wanted to bring a bit of the coral color up there too, so I swiped Abandoned Coral Distress Stain onto a piece of plastic, misted it with water and then smooshed that over the masked and inked areas. I found I didn't have a lot of embellishments that were the right color for this layout, so I kept it pretty minimal and mostly just embellished with a few enamel dots and sequins. 


 I am also entering this one in the CSI Case File 341 challenge:


I worked with the colors and added numbers to my photos which reminded me of the numbered squares. Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment