Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Renaissance Festival

Hello, thank you for stopping by! I have a new layout to share! This is for my oldest daughter's scrapbook and chronicles our trip to the Renaissance Festival several years ago. I was first inspired by the Get Messy challenge at Paper Issues, so I made some scattered polka dots with gelatos and a circle mask. I scribbled the gelato through the mask, misted it with water and then blended it with my finger. I then added my papers and photos. I fussy cut the butterflies from some patterned paper for The Studio challenge.. I curled those up a bit for some dimension. For the title, I found a banner chipboard piece and coated it twice with Picket Fence Distress Stain. I cut the letters using my Cricut. I decided once they were attached that they needed a little something to make them stand out, so I outlined them with blue sharpie and then added a border to my banner with the same marker. The embossed chipboard butterflies were coated with white gesso and then lightly pressed into Distress Ink. I finished things off with some stickers and sequins.



7 comments:

  1. Such a CUTE and vibrant page. So glad you joined in the fun over at The Studio Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout - nice and bright. Thanks so much for joining in on our fussy cutting challenge at The Studio. Deb xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute coloful layout! Thanks for playing along with the Studio challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so so sweet! I love the bright colours you've used!
    Thanks for joining us at The Studio Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like she had lots of fun!! Love the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at The Studio Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the challenge, great photo's, lovely bright designpaper. Thanks for joining us at The Studio Challenges!

    ReplyDelete