Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Kid Cards With Fun Backgrounds

Hi all! I'm back with some more cards to share today! These are all for kids and I used a few different techniques for the backgrounds.

First up, I used a embossing folder on this two toned background. I wanted to use some scraps, and I didn't have a wide enough piece of either color, so I split the background with two colors. I attached each piece to a 5 1/4 x 4 inch piece of cardstock so they would make one solid piece before running it through the embossing folder. The boy and snowflake die cuts are by Simple Stories, I thought they were fun for a winter birthday. For the sentiment, I stamped, ink blended and fussy cut the banner. I added some blue ink splatters to the backgound to bring the two halves together and finished off the card with some blue pearls.

For my next card, I wanted to use the cute bear and balloon stamp, so I decided to create a sky with some ink blending. I had a scrap from a cut file that had uneven scallops that I used as my mask and I went to work blending blue ink over them. I then stamped the sentiemnt on the background. I stamped fussy cut and colored the bear and balloon. I found a chipboard 1 to put on the balloon for my niece's 1st birthday. It was a little long, so I had to trim the bottom part of it to get it to fit. I finished off the card with a mat that matches the balloon and some sequins for a bit of sparkle.

Finally, I used a background stamp on this card. I also used a ombre ink pad to ink up the stamp. I stamped on grey cardstock. I used my Cricut to cut the ball and sentiment from gold foil paper. I also blended some blue ink around the edges of the panel to help them blend with the background stamp. Once the die cuts were attached, I finished off the card with some washi tape and gold irridescent stars.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment