Thursday, July 9, 2020

Yo-da Best- Bitten by the Bug

Hello! I have a new card to share today! It is my son's 10th birthday and he is a big Star Wars fan, so I went with that for my theme. I cut the star trail from black cardstock to add some subtle texture to my background. I sprayed the cut piece with Perfect Pearls mist. for the heart and sentiment, I cut them first from yellow cardstock and then twice from thin cardboard and layered the pieces together for dimension. To give the light sabres color, I used vellum and swiped alcohol ink over the piece before gluing it in place. To add more "stars" to the bathroom, I used a Wink of Stella pen and Stickles. To finish off the front, I used silver Nuvo drops for the details on the handles of the light sabres.

I am entering this card in the Bitten by the Bug 2: In the Stars challenge.

13 comments:

  1. Your son will love this card. What a special card for his special day! I love the trail of stars! Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is amazing! I love the textural element added with the trail of stars. And the lightsabers look fabulous! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 for this challenge. Love your project!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your son!! I bet he loves this wonderful card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Bitten By The Bug 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of that black on black star trail and puns are always my favorite type of birthday card. Thanks for posting on Bitten by the Bug 2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! This is great! Your son is going to love it. Thank you for sharing your card at Bitten By The Bug2. Dorlene DT BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a Star Wars fan but this is a fantastic card. It can be loved by Star Wars fans of any age. Love how you put it together. Thanks for joining us at bitten by the bug2 for our stars challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Star Wars make. Thanks for joining the challenge at Bitten By the Bug 2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic card! so many elements but really simple and striking! thank you for sharing with us at Bitten By the Bug 2's Star challenge.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m a Star Wars nerd and I just love this card and all the love you put into it!! Thanks for entering our challenge and good luck! Connie@BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is great. I have a grandson who would love it, could you please share what image it is? thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a free cut file from Paper Issues: https://paperissuesstore.myshopify.com/collections/free-files/products/may-the-force-free-cut-file

      Delete
  11. Congrats Jessica! You were chosen as our winner at BBTB2. Stop on by the blog and check it out!

    ReplyDelete